Thursday, March 3, 2011

Film Wars: Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars

From Clerks II by way of Hit & Run commenter sloopyinca:


Just a quick comment: When it comes to the stories--that is, the Star Wars universe (movies, books, games, etc.) versus the Lord of the Rings books--there's no comparison: Lord of the Rings by a million farthings. 

However, I do think that the first three Star Wars films (I'll chastise thricely anyone who thinks I mean Episodes I, II, and III) were much better movies than any and all of the Lord of the Rings films.  To me, the latter just didn't quite make it, although I think they were well done, all told.

Off topic on my own post (is that even legal?), I learned some German today: Soylent Green ist Menschenfleisch!

5 comments:

the innominate one said...

That's a great scene. And I agree with your position 100%.

Pro Libertate said...

I wonder if Plinkett will review the LOTR films?

VM said...

that. would. be. awesome.

the innominate one said...

Indubitably.

Pro Libertate said...

Does he do requests?