Friday, November 14, 2008

The Voracity of Hope

George Harrison (with an assist from Slowhand) would like to welcome our new ambassadors of Audacious Hope and Change™.

"Taxman" Lyrics*


Let me tell you how it will be;
There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I'm the taxman,
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all.
'Cause I'm the taxman,
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

(if you drive a car, car;) - I'll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit;) - I'll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold;) - I'll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk;) - I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

'Cause I'm the taxman,
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for, (ah-ah, Mr. Shulman)
If you don't want to pay some more. (ah-ah, Mr. Obama)
'Cause I'm the taxman,
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes. (taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman,
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

And you're working for no one but me.

Taxman!

* Not to imply that our outgoing overlords don't tax us too much, too (today and, through deficit spending, tomorrow), but all this Audacious Hope and Change™ is going to have to be paid for somehow. Just remember the lesson of Mr. Creosote--don't eat too much!

6 comments:

Weird said...

Yea, I feel at home, the top 100, Sulu Fridays. I want to cry...

Nice blog.

Pro Libertate said...

Thank you! And to think some people opposed Sulu Friday. . . .

VikingMoose said...

why, ProGLib, who would that be?

*gazes at high#...*

Weird said...

Opposing Sulu fridays? There should be a law... no wait; nevermind

Pro Libertate said...

No law, but I understand that Urkobold will be getting $10 billion as part of a general Star Trek industry bailout.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀