Thursday, August 2, 2007

"Sitharitaville"

To the tune of "Margaritaville"—

Strugglin' with my breath mask,
Watchin' my evil task.
All of those Wookies burning in oil.
Watchin' the flaming,
From my front porch swing,
Smell those Ewoks they're beginnin' to boil.
Wastin' away again in Sitharitaville.
Searching for my lost saber and son.
Some people claim that there's Kenobi to blame,
But I know that Yoda's the one.
I don't know the reason,
I stay here all season.
My last real job I most certainly blew.
And oh what a doozie,
The Death Star—kablooey.
How Luke persevered, I haven't a clue.

Wastin' away again in Sitharitaville.
Searching for my lost saber and son.
Some people claim that there's Kenobi to blame,
Now I think,
Hell, maybe Han's the one.

I used the Dark Side,
Made little Luke cry.
Lost my ship, had to cruise on back home.
But I'll bet you my gender,
That I will soon render,
Han a frozen concoction on a Tattooine wall.

Wastin' away again in Sitharitaville.
Searching for my lost saber and son.
Some people claim that there's Kenobi to blame,
But I know that my son's the one.
Yes, and some people claim that there's Kenobi to blame,
And I know that my son's the one.

6 comments:

VikingMoose said...

hmmmmm.

well done, but since this moose isn't a fan of the song, singer, or genre, a perfect score simply cannot be given.

However, since it is a worthy troll of the song, IT IS A PERFECT SCORE!!!

Pro Libertate said...

Thanks!

Errr, you aren't a fan of Lord Vader and his fine singing voice? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

highnumber said...

I keep thinking this is titled "Shitharthaville," like it's a parody of Siddhartha and Margaritaville with a little bit o'scatology for good measure.

Pro Libertate said...

Three comments. Why do I even bother? Sulk. I was particularly proud of the "But I'll bet you my gender, that I will soon render,
Han a frozen concoction on a Tattooine wall" line.

Harumph.

highnumber said...

You would be, wouldn't you?

Pro Libertate said...

highnumber,

If I weren't so swamped at work, I would've answered your request with a combo Buddhist-Buffet parody, with references to setting the wheel of doctrine in motion, etc. Oh, well.