Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Monkey Man Tuesday


I'm a fleabit peanut monkey,
All my friends are junkies,
That's not really true.

I'm a cold Italian pizza,
I could use a lemon squeezer.
Would you do?

But I've been bit, and I've been tossed around
By every she-rat in this town.
Have you, babe?

Well, I am just a monkey man;
I'm glad you are a monkey woman, too.

I was bitten by a boar,
I was gouged and I was gored,
But I pulled it on through.

Yes, I'm a sack of broken eggs,
I always have an unmade bed.
Don't you?

Well, I hope we're not too messianic,
Or a trifle too satanic.
We love to play the blues.

Well I am just a monkey man.
I'm glad you are a monkey, monkey woman too, babe.

I'm a monkey!
I'm a monkey!
I'm a monkey man!
I'm a monkey man!
I'm a monkey. . . .

5 comments:

Karen said...

Okay, I'm dense. What's with the monkeys on Tuesday? Not that I object, I like monkeys. I'm just confuse and slightly stoned on allergy medication.

highnumber said...

It's a tribute to the much missed Penn Jillette radio show. For a portion of the show's run, he solicited listeners to call in with monkey stories on Tuesdays. The archives are available online. We have a link on the sidebar. Penn's show was one the best uses of radio ever. Eclectic, hilarious, educational, it was everything I wanted in talk radio programming.

One particularly good Monkey Tuesday here
Right click, "save as," etc.
"A Monkey Bit Off My Nipple!"

Karen said...

Thanks! The Penn show never played here in Austin -- which I attribute more to Clear Channel's dimwit management than to actual lack of an audience. I'll check out the archives, as well as looking for good monkey stories.

Pro Libertate said...

I second highnumber's evaluation of Penn's show--it ruled. I never heard it on the radio, but when I found out about it (about a month after they started), I listened to it online. What sucked about that was that I never got to call in.

Penn & Teller in 2008! Too bad we've already endorsed Zod.

ac said...

Always one of my favorite Stones' songs. I do feel bad for Darryl Jones, though. The camera operators act like he's some unspeakable horror that's not to be filmed.